- Hook the band onto the door anchor. Lie on an exercise ball with your lower back curvature pressed against the spherical surface of the ball. Your feet should be bent at the knee and pressed firmly against the floor. The upper torso should be hanging off the top of the ball. Grab the handles and make sure there is medium tension on the band.
- Lower your torso into a stretch position keeping the neck stationary at all times. Grab the handles and make sure there is medium tension on the band. This will be your starting position.
- With the hips stationary, flex the waist by contracting the abdominals and curl the shoulders and trunk upward until you feel a nice contraction on your abdominals. The lower back should always stay in contact with the ball. Exhale as you perform this movement and hold the contraction for a second.
- As you inhale, go back to the starting position.
- Drop the weight and continue the movement until failure. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Pro Grade Exercise Balls for a Core Strengthening Workout